Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Vintage Greetings for Thanksgiving

I'm currently working on a series of lovely little Thanksgiving greeting cards (amongst a few other other projects I've got going simultaneously, of course). These cards are simple to make and relatively inexpensive. A package of 20 blank natural-colored cards with envelopes costs around $5.00.

Thanks to The Graphics Fairy and images from my own collection, I'm able to create a nice variety of vintage image inspired cards. After downloading and printing out the images from her blog, I used  a paintbrush to apply glue and added coordinating colored glitter to enhance the designs. I'm also experimenting with flocking on some of the designs. I left the inside of the cards blank, but put an extra piece of rough-edged paper behind the note area for some added distinction.

I'll post back with a completed set once I have finished.



No comments:

Post a Comment